Who needs to spend hours on the treadmill when you can get your heart-pumping cardio on in less than 20 minutes? Maximize your time and see better results with these 18 incredibly effective bodyweight moves. Get ready to feel the burn from head to toe and get more accomplished in one workout than ever before.
1. Mountain Climber: (1) Get in a push up position. Your body should be in a straight, diagonal line from your head to your toes. (2) Raise your right knee toward your chest. (3) Kick the right leg back as the left leg comes forward. The feet only touch the floor when they return to the back. That’s one rep. (4) Alternate legs quickly for 60 seconds. Modification: Decrease your speed or range of motion.
2. Frog Jump: (1) Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width distance apart. Lower into a squat; extend your arms between your legs and let your fingertips lightly touch the ground (make certain to keep your chest lifted and knees behind your toes). (2) Jump up explosively, while simultaneously stretching your arms up towards the ceiling and tapping your heels together. (3) As soon as you land, perform another jump, keeping up the momentum. That’s one rep. Repeat the movement for 60 seconds. Modification: Decrease your range of motion on both the jump and the drop. Hop rather than jump and squat rather than touch the floor.
3. Jumping Lunges: You’ll really feel the burn in your thighs with this one. It combines strength and cardio; what more could you ask for? (1) Begin in the lunge position. Place your feet far enough away form each other to create 90-degree bends in both knees. The front knee should not pass over the front toes. The back knee, ideally, should touch or be a few inches from the ground. Chest is lifted. (2) Power yourself out of the lunge by squeezing your glutes and core. Use your arms to help with propulsion. Both feet leave the ground at the same time. (3) Land in your lunge with the opposite leg forward. Both feet hit the ground at the same time. The chest stays lifted. Perform this move for 60 seconds. Modification: Remove the jump and reduce your range of motion.
4. Up + Over: (1) Start in plank position, but with knees bent. (2) Keeping arms locked, knees bent and legs together throughout, propel legs up and over to right side of side of your mat. (3) Then explode to the left side of your mat for one rep. Continue exploding up and over to each side for as many reps as possible for 60 seconds. Modification: Instead of hopping from side to side, just step at your own pace
5. 180-Degree Squat Jump: (1) Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Lower into a standard squat with your back straight and chest up. (2) Swinging your arms back by your hips. Quickly jump up and over to the right, turning your body 180-degrees; mid-air. Swinging arms in front of you for momentum. (3) Land in squat position, swinging arms back by hips. Hold and repeat on the other side. (4) Repeat as many times as you can in 60 seconds. Modification: Decrease range of motion by lessening the angle of the turn or removing the jump. | Source